Chicken Guacamole Burritos. It might sound a little strange, but go with me on this. It’s delicious.
For the Superbowl, Mike (my roommate) had invited me to come with him to his cousin’s apartment for their party. We were told to bring an appetizer, so we decided to bring guacamole. We had a bunch leftover, and since I don’t like to waste, I decided to incorporate it into tonight’s dinner.
Hence the creation of Chicken Guacamole Burritos. I honestly wasn’t sure how this was going to turn out, but it ended up being delicious. It took just 15 minutes to create this meal and one burrito was plenty to fill me up for the rest of the night! I had a long day, so this was the perfect meal to make quickly so I can quickly enjoy and start relaxing.
This recipe can feed 4.
2 Chicken Breasts (cut into small bite sized pieces)
1 tablespoon of olive oil
2 tablespoons of Taco Seasoning
Sundried Tomato Wraps (or whichever you prefer)
Shredded Mozzarella Cheese (whatever you have on hand – mexican cheese, four cheese, etc.)
- Heat a pan on medium heat with the olive oil. Add the cut up chicken breast to the pan and season them with taco seasoning. Mix up into the pan until the chicken is fully cooked (about 4 – 5 minutes) *if you’re unsure – always cut open a piece to make sure it’s fully cooked* Taste a piece and add salt if needed.
- While the chicken is being cooked, prepare the wraps. Throw each wrap in the microwave for 5-10 second to make them warm. This will make them more malleable and easier to roll.
- In the middle of the wrap, scoop some guacamole and spread it gently until smooth. Add the sour cream on top of that. When the chicken is fully cooked – add to the middle of the wrap and top with a sprinkle of mozzarella cheese. Fold the wrap to form a burrito.
- In a clean pan, (crepe pan or any flat pan works perfect), add a little bit of oil and spread around the pan or spray with cooking spray. Heat to medium heat.
- Add each burrito – fold side down to the pan. Wait until wrap gets nice and brown (2 or 3 minutes) and flip to do the same on the other side.
- Take off the heat and serve immediately. I highly suggest serving with ranch to dip it in.
Like this recipe? Let me know!