Looking for an easy new take on scallops? This recipe is so quick and absolutely delicious.
Scallops are my favorite seafood. They’re light, delicious, and can make for a fancy meal that will surely impress. But let’s be honest, they are not cheap. However, there are ways to make it a little more affordable.
When it comes to this meal, I recommend either buying exactly how many you need fresh (3 – 4 per person is plenty) or buying a big bag of them frozen. When my mom was in town, we made a Costco trip and decided to buy a 2 pound bag from Kirkland. This way there was plenty for future meals as well.
We made this meal with a side of asparagus and risotto, which is absolutely perfect for a nice night in.
Kirkland Frozen Scallops (4 per person)
Simply Asia Sweet Ginger Garlic Seasoning
1 tablespoon of Olive Oil
If the scallops are frozen, be sure to thaw them overnight.
1) Remove the tough muscle on the side of each scallop. It’s very easy to remove, just pinch between your fingers and pull gently. Note that it may not be on every one.
2) Rinse off the scallops under cold running water. Place them on a paper towel and pat dry.
3) Sprinkle the garlic powder and Simply Asia Sweet Ginger Garlic Seasoning over the scallops on both sides. Make sure they are coated pretty well.
4) Make sure the pan is on high. Add the tablespoon of olive oil. Using tongs, place the scallops in the pan in a single layer. You want to immediately hear a sizzle.
5) Cook on each side for 1 1/2 minutes. You want them to turn from translucent to an opaque white.
6) Enjoy your meal!